Thursday, April 15, 2010

Decisions, Decisions...

Do you ever think about the decisions you make? The small ones? Like, "Which way should I walk today?" or "The green shirt or the purple shirt?" (Duh! the purple one!) Sometimes these decisions lead to great occurences in life.

I would like to think that I don't regret any of my decisions, but that is sadly far, far, far away from the truth. Sometimes I like to think about all the things that have to happen for a specific event to happen. This is just one way to reinforce how sovereign God is in your life, about how much He is in total control, even if you're not letting him...

I had been thinking of visiting this someone randomly one day just to talk for a long time (a couple weeks), but I never got around to it. This person means a lot to me, and I don't have a lot of time left on the campus (where I would have easy access to him). I had kinda put visiting him on the back burner of life. However today, God had other plans...

Here's what happened...

Last night, I looked on Blackboard and discovered that my 10:30am class was cancelled. (*Celebratory Fist pumps*) However, I still needed to show up to class to turn in an assignment, which is fair enough since we had the due dates at the beginning of the semester. I had to go to the library early before class to print something off for it (in pretty colors). So I did and showed up and turned it in like a good student would. I had an hour left until the next thing in my day, so I went to the Union to study (as I had planned on doing the previous night during fistpumps). Guess who I ran into as I was approaching Starbucks? He was walking off to go somewhere else I am assuming but I caught him. A few seconds earlier, or even a few seconds later, and I would have missed him. But God was kind enough to have our paths merge, and kind enough to have freed both our schedules up. And we had good conversation for 45 minutes or so.

God is so good that He even remembers stuff that you forget. And still blesses you with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment