Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Update 2

I realize I haven't been doing summer updates on my life as a Chi Alpha staffer so I will go ahead and do that. A few month back I reported that I was sending out support letters and stuff. I have been following up on those and God has been blessing the conversations I have been able to have. I still have a little more time to do some last minute fund raising. It looks as of now that I will need to work a part time job to make things work according to how they want it to work, which I am fine with of course. I am well over half way there as far as fund raising is concerned. It all depends on the people I have left to meet with. Hopefully if I can raise a few more hundred dollars in monthly commitments, then I won't have to work too much on the side.

It has been a depressing summer for me for the most part with the stresses of fund raising and just the other things that have happened to me, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally. I started all of this stuff with very little training and absolutely no idea what I was doing. Lately most of the people I have contacted just want to give to me and don't even feel like they need to hear my presentation (which I am totally fine with haha...). I think if I keep plugging along for the next week and I find that part-time job, that life will be good.

I can't wait to get to campus and have a chance to impact lives. I have a ton of ideas I would like to try. I am willing to try most anything, and I know that this year will be one of the most challenging of my life. I know that my leaders are fully prepared to stretch me as far as they can, and maybe they can finally realized the potential they see in me that I may not even see myself.

Thank you to all of those who have given or prayed or will be a part of my life for the next year. See you in a week. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment