Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lord (I Don’t Know) - Puzzled

When I was younger, my sister and I would sometimes do puzzles together. She was way more into it than I was, but sometimes I would help her with her puzzles. I am talking the legit 1000 piece puzzles… We would put them together, then glue them together and put them in picture frames. She has like 6 or 7 done in her room currently. I have one in my room haha (and it’s even missing a piece). I have one in my possession that though it looks pretty difficult, I am going to try to assemble.

If I had to guess, I would guess that God enjoys a good puzzle. Especially the kind that blesses a person. Not for the intellectual challenge necessarily, but for the path it leads us on. He gets to orchestrate the whole picture (or puzzle).If any of you out there like to journal all the things that God does in your life, or if you ever take a few minutes to reminisce about your recent life, you will know what I am talking about.

Sometimes I like to do things like try to remember all the events that lead to a particular significant event in my life, or try to remember how I met someone. That game can be particularly fun to play with other people if you have known that person for a long enough time. I guess it could get awkward too. It’s like connect the dots for us “big” kids.

Here’s an example:

So when I was a sophomore, I had a friend of mine Chris from my home church in Indy who was going to be an incoming freshman at Purdue. We had both grown up more or less in the same church and youth group in the Assemblies. I had never heard of this “Chi Alpha” before. At Purdue they have these info cards about religion that you can fill out and they will try to connect you with the people that represent your particular denomination. He filled one out for our denomination and we got an e-mail inviting us to some bowling down at the Memorial Union bowling alley.

At a time when I was very desperate for God and just some friends that would accept me for who I am, this is how I met Levi, Roman, Chi Alpha, and all the people that would end up changing my life forever. A card and an e-mail, that’s it! Without that card and e-mail, my previous entry about “Giving a Year” doesn’t happen. If there is anyone reading this that I have met as a result of my involvement in Chi Alpha, I probably would have never met you without that e-mail and card.

There is this song by one of the three bands I like to refer to as the trinity of 90s Christian bands the Newsboys (the others being Audio Adrenaline and Dc Talk). It’s called Lord (I Don’t Know) and here are the words:

You are the author of knowledge
You can redeem what's been done
You hold the present and all that's to come
Until your everlasting kingdom

Lord, I don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

You are the God of tomorrow
Turning the darkness to dawn
Lifting the hopeless with hope to go on
You are the rock of all salvation

Lord, I don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

Oh, Lord, you are the author
Redeeming what's been done
You hold us in the present
And all that is to come

Lord, we don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead us to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

I think this song goes along with what I am talking about a little bit. You should YouTube it and listen to it. God uses the little things in life to puzzle us. I just want to trust God more and more each day to do my puzzle with greatness for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment